Please leave the url and details of any blog that may meet the criteria in the comments section.
15 Lambton Quay : www.15lambtonquay.blogspot.com
11/2008+ "Notes on law, policy and government"
? : Other - ? : Wellington
nz? * ? : c.5 + ? + 1 + nil = 6 (new)
Scalia : www.scaliainnz.blogspot.com
03/2008+ "The simple things"
Scalia : Right - ? : Auckland
nz? * 23,713,177 : c.5 + 2 + 1 + nil = 8 (new)
Farmgirl : www.farmgirllive.blogspot.com
02/2009+ "A forum on all things agricultural and political"
Nadine Porter : ? - ? : NZ
nz? * 23,676,662 : c.5 + ? + 7 + 3 = 15 (new)
Courage to Tremble : www.couragetotremble.wordpress.com
04/2007+ "Lord grant me courage to tremble at Your word"
Nahomi : ? - Christian : Auckland
nz? * 5,174,201 : c.25 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 34 (new)
Over the Fence : www.hondavidcarter.blogspot.com
01/2009+ "Minister for Agriculture/Biosecurity/Forestry, National Party list MP"
David Carter : Right - National : North Canterbury/Wellington
nz? * 15,551,799 : c.10 + ? + 1 + nil = 11 (new)
BioBlog : www.sci.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog
08/2007+ "Encouraging critical thinking, looking at science"
Alison Campbell : Other - ? : Waikato
nz176 * 53,045 : c.20 (<1% of main site) + 2 + 6 + 5 = 31 (new)
Christian News New Zealand : www.christiannews.co.nz
0?/2008- "Mainline evangelical and conservative"
? : ? - Christian : NZ
nz10,543 * 2,467,310 : c.55 + 13 + 3 + 3 = 74 (new)
: ? - ? : NZ
nz? * ? : c.? + ? + ? + ? = ? (new)
The Home Office : www.thenzhomeoffice.blogspot.com
03/2009+ "NZ internal affairs"
Xchequer : Other - ? : Canterbury
nz? * ? : ? + ? + ? + ? = ? (new)
Offsetting Behaviour : www.offsettingbehaviour.blogspot.com
03/2009+ "Economist, Canterbury University"
Eric Crampton : Other - ? : Christchurch
nz? * ? : c.? (Sitemeter) + ? + ? + ? = ? (new)
Criteria to qualify for nz blogosphere list —
- min. one post per month (average).
- non-corporate (not necessarily non-commercial) blog whose author(s) are in control of their own content and participation in the blog.
- website with manual entries (not operating as an aggregator) displaying those posts in a reverse chronological order (not operating as an internet forum eg. with more discussion internal to the platform and its members than external/public interaction).
- blog is linked to by min. of one blog on list.
- some posts must represent the author's opinion/thoughts or public position on an issue (content cross-posted or published in other media, but posted in a blog authorised by the author, is acceptable).
- must be publicly accessible (eg. no mandatory sign-ins to view) and blog content - at least in part - must be made in order to communicate with a NZ audience (though not necessarily exclusively) on matters of public concern such as current affairs, social/political issues, and other subjects and themes with a public angle (personal, private, professional, trade, corporate, sectarian blogs etc. that are narrowly focused on internal debate, or are personal/family in content, are discounted). A comments function is not necessary.
- some posted content must relate to Aotearoa, or address some issues in a NZ context, in some direct way (discounting the author's nationality, residence/location).