- min. one post per month (average).
- non-corporate (not necessarily non-commercial) blog whose author(s) are in control of their own content and participation in the blog.
- website with manual entries (not operating as an aggregator) displaying those posts in a reverse chronological order (not operating as an internet forum eg. with more discussion internal to the platform and its members than external/public interaction).
- blog is linked to by min. of one blog on list.
- some posts must represent the author's opinion/thoughts or public position on an issue (content cross-posted or published in other media, but posted in a blog authorised by the author, is acceptable).
- must be publicly accessible (eg. no mandatory sign-ins to view) and blog content - at least in part - must be made in order to communicate with a NZ audience (though not necessarily exclusively) on matters of public concern such as current affairs, social/political issues, and other subjects and themes with a public angle (personal, private, professional, trade, corporate, sectarian blogs etc. that are narrowly focused on internal debate, or are personal/family in content, are discounted). A comments function is not necessary.
- some posted content must relate to Aotearoa, or address some issues in a NZ context, in some direct way (discounting the author's nationality, residence/location).
average daily unique visits
average posts per week
[from 03/2008 onwards:
average highest commented post per week]